As you sign a listing contract with one of our Colorado agents, here are some steps you can take to make the process a bit smoother:
- If you are signing for the Seller, we will need a copy of the Power of Attorney document. If you do not have one, we will have the title company draft one and then you will need to have it notarized. We will need your original Power of Attorney document at closing to be recorded and returned to you.
- Please provide us with your current loan statement (mortgage company, loan number, approximate balance and phone number), including any lines of credit or second mortgage balances.
- Have social security numbers available for each Seller.
- Have your HOA information available and please contact the association to obtain the last 6 months of HOA minutes, by-laws, and financials for the area. They will normally charge you a fee to obtain these records. However, you are required to provide the buyer with this information at the time of contract. We will need the name of your management company, corresponding phone numbers, as well as the name of your HOA.
- Please give us 2 house keys. One will be placed in the lock box, and the other we will keep at our brokerage office.
- Please provide any receipts for furnace cleanings, upgrades, improvements, building permits, etc.
- Does your home have a security system? If so, then you will either need to deactivate the system of share the code with us.
This short list aptly applies to a majority of Sellers who plan to list their residential property in Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas.
Feel free to visit our website, or contact Selley Group Real Estate, LLC: 2139 Chuckwagon Rd, Ste 210 - Colorado Springs, Colorado 80919 - 719. 598. 5101.
All agents affiliated with Selley Group Real Estate, LLC are actively licensed in accordance to the laws of Colorado.
Portions of this article are written by Gordon, as framed by the expressed opinions of Cherise, but not proofread.
By Cherise Selley